Can I vent my annoyance on how some people think that being single is like a kind of curse?!
I’d rather be single than to be with someone who is emotionally unstable, constantly lying, and cheating behind my back. I’ve been hearing a lot of you know not-so-good stories, from a fairy tale love story that ends up in a tragedy (been there done that). Most of the men that I know are engaging with some different affairs. I know a lot of women who are in a relationship or married with an arse, who is apparently a lazy cow (ano ka koya, nagpapalaki ng bayag?galaw galaw din pag may time) *rolled eyes* I know that our world is changing and that the traditional way of living seems to disappear; women used to stay at home to take care of their children while the husband was working. In our generation, husband and wife both work because of the high cost of living. But what does really grind my gear is that when the husband/father doesn’t do anything to support the needs of his family. This is one of the main factors why I’d rather be single. I don’t want to come to the point of my life when I’d tell to myself “kumuha lang pala ako ng batong ipupukpok sa ulo ko.” So if you’d tell me that I’m single because I have high standard. Yes, I have a high standard because life is too short to be wasted with the wrong ones.
There are a lot of things that you should consider before entering a relationship, these are the following;
- There’s a fine line between “I think I love him” and “I’m ready to take the risk.”
- Be in a relationship when you are ready not when you are lonely. Rebounding is a no-no. (Hindi naman kasi basketball ang love.)
- Make sure that the man is worth the risk. Remember, you are not new on this. Not because someone has shown an interest on you that doesn’t mean he wants you. Learn to read between the lines and do not overlook the red flags.
- The man should be f*ckin awesome.
- Infatuation, lust, and love are totally different things. You are infatuated to someone maybe because he’s handsome/pretty or you’re used to his presence like all the time but eventually the feeling that you feel towards that someone will subside. Lust is releasing the heat from your body to someone (and when I say someone what I mean is f*ck buddy) but after releasing your inhibition, it feels like nothing happens at all. Love, however, is the strongest feeling above all;when you want that person’s happiness more than your own, and that, my friend, is love.
- (FOR NBSB) Understand that there’s no such thing as a perfect relationship and that relationship is messy;and that prince charming doesn’t exist;do not wait for your knight in shining armor to come around because you are not Damsel in distress waiting to be saved. Wait for someone who will give you a sword and let the inner warrior of you be unleashed. Be your own kind of hero.
- You’ve got to realize that you are not a half waiting to be whole; do not settle for less than you deserve. A lot of people nowadays seem like always in a hurry;that they think they’re going to run out of time that’s why they tend to settle sa “okay lang”. Learn to love yourself first, when you did, you’ll know what do not settle for what less than you deserve truly mean.
- Ask yourself these questions:
- Do I really need this?
- Am I ready for this?
- Is he worth the risk?
- Am I ready to give up the things I’m doing right now?
If you’re answers to all the questions above are yes then you’re good to go. But ooppppssss, referring to the last questions above, you don’t really have to give up the things that you’re doing when you’re single (unless it includes your bad habits and it can ruin your relationship, hell yes, you should give up but if includes giving up your besties then no.) But if your answers are nope, there’s really nothing wrong about staying single.Give your heart a break. Being single doesn’t mean lonely, sometimes it is the wisest decision that you’ve ever made.
PERKS OF BEING SINGLE
- Wearing all the things that you want. F*ck off, I’m going to wear shorts, mini skirts, dresses, because it’s so comfortable to wear them.
- Going wherever and whenever you want. Travel with the squad. Yay!
- More time for yourself. This time “ikaw naman”. When you’re in a relationship, you are too busy thinking of what’s best for your s.o that you forgot that you are special too. Girl, go explore the world with the squad! Read more books. Unwind. Treat yourself with some sweets.
- More time with your family. You had a lot of absences with your family gatherings because you were so busy spending your time with your s.o. Everybody leaves but at the end of the day, your family is the only one who will stay by your side.
- Meet new people. Make friends. Participate.
- You can do whatever you want cause deym it’s your life and don’t allow any man to manipulate you!
Girl, you are stronger and powerful than you think! Heartbreak is just temporary. Repeat it 3 times. Repeat it until you make it. *then cries in the corner*